Spicy Lentil Meal /Spicy Punjabi Dal Palak/Spicy Indian Dal Palak
I am very Happy to tell you that my recipe - Spicy Lentil Meal - published in Khaleej Times News paper - Dubai 24.03.2017
Channa dal – 100 gram
Turmeric powder – ¼ tspn
Ginger – ½ tpsn chopped
Red chilli powder – ¼ tspn
Green chilli – 1 chopped
Ghee – 2 tspbn
Cumin – ½ tspn
Onion – 1 chopped
Red chilli podi – ¼ tspn
Salt – to taste
Palak - 2 cup chopped
Yoghurt - 3 tbspn
Gram masala – ¼ tspn (cinnamon, cardamom, clove)
- Wash and soak channa dal in water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 cup of water chopped ginger, green chili and turmeric powder and dal. on a high flame, cook the pulses for 7 - 8 whistles, until the dal softens.
- In separate pan heat ghee, Add chopped onion saute. add cumin red chilli powder and mehran dal masala. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add to cooked dal
- Add curd and spinach, Stir and cook for three minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with garam masala and serve with roti or rice.
Khaleej Times - 24.03.17